Gold items, despite the high level of wear resistance of the metal, need care. Otherwise, jewelry may become dull and stained. If you ar...
Gold items, despite the high level of wear resistance of the metal, need care. Otherwise, jewelry may become dull and stained. If you are looking for an effective way to clean your jewelry, then this article is for you.
Of course, you can turn to professionals to give your jewelry a flawless appearance, but their services are not cheap. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with several methods that allow you to complete the task yourself and without high financial costs.
How to clean jewelry1. Pour a glass of warm water into a small saucepan, add a few drops of detergent (no aggressive components) and stir until foam appears. At the bottom of the container, you need to put a piece of cloth and, on top of the decoration, put the container on low heat and turn off the heat five minutes after boiling. At the final stage, it is enough to rinse the jewelry with running water and dry it.
2. A glass of boiled water should be poured into a container made of durable glass, add a spoonful of washing powder, and a little ammonia. Put gold jewelry in a container, rinse them with water after an hour and wipe them dry with a soft towel.
|Image From WikiHow.com|
4. Another great way to clean gold is a salt solution (you need to dissolve 50 grams of salt in half a glass of boiling water). Place the products in a slightly cooled solution and leave overnight and in the morning, rinse with clean water and dry.
5. Add a couple of tablespoons of sugar to a glass of warm water. Place jewelry in the resulting solution and leave overnight, rinse and dry in the morning.
6. At the bottom of a small saucepan, place a piece of foil and decorations on top of it. Then stir a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of water and pour it into a saucepan. After eight hours, rinse the jewelry with clean water and dry.
7. It is necessary to pour a couple of tablespoons of baking soda and a few drops of detergent into a glass of boiling water, mix and pour into a saucepan with a piece of cloth at the bottom. Place the jewelry in a saucepan, boil for ten minutes over low heat, then rinse the items under running water and dry.
8. Mix a glass of beer with one egg white and process the gold with this mixture (using a soft sponge), then rinse and dry the decorations.
9. A small piece of cloth should be smeared with lipstick and rubbed with gold. At the end, the decoration should be polished with a soft velvety cloth.
10. Light dirt can be removed with a piece of soft-bristled cloth such as fleece. If there is dirt in hard-to-reach places, you can use unnecessary toothbrush.
12. You can mix fine-grained chalk with ammonia to make a viscous mass and process the jewelry with this mass (using a toothbrush), then rinse and dry.
13. Take an onion, cut it in half, and grate it with gold. For more significant effect, processed products should be left for a couple of hours, and then rinsed and wiped.
14. It is enough to dip a cotton swab in cologne, alcohol solution, or gasoline and clean the gold jewelry.
15. For cleaning gold, you can use lime diluted in a little water and salt. The prepared solution should be infused for at least three days, and then jewelry can be placed in it for three hours, then they should be rinsed and dried.
Here are the products that can be used to clean jewelry at home. But do not forget about professional cleaning products that can be purchased at specialized stores. Before buying a professional product, be sure to read the instructions.